Join this project in Thailand and help us to restore mangrove forest damaged by tsunami in 2004.
Main activities consists of planting new seedlings and seeds in the restoration area near the beach and nearby Lions Village, collecting seeds and seedling of native plants, learning how to identify the main species, collect data and measurements for research, repair mangrove nursery, create signs and informative panels and help give lessons and awareness talks in the community and to the visitors.
Surely there will be time also to get to know some local culture and Thai language as well as have some fun.
Name of the project: Mangrove Restoration Project in Thailand
Dates: Summer 2011
Location: Lions Village, Phra Thong Island
- Planting seeds and seedlings
- Collecting seeds and seedlings
- Collect data and measurements for research
- Repair the mangrove nursery
- Create signs and informative panels
- Help to give awareness raising talks
*These activities depend on the time period and availability of the staff
Requirements: 18 years of age, physically fit
Project fee: 400€/10 days
What’s included in the price:
- Pre-arranged volunteer placement
- Accommodations in the village homestay
- Three meals a day (vegetarian option available)
- Drinking water
- Daily transportation in the project
- Pre departure and local support
- Orientation and training to the field work
- Volunteer coordination
- Volunteer information package
- One year Naucrates membership
Not included in the price:
- Travel to reach the island (flight, boat, car, etc).
- Personal Insurance (compulsory)
- Additional activities and excursions
Accommodation and meals:
You will stay in a room with a Thai family (home-stay). You may have to share a room with another volunteer depending on availability. Each house basic toilet and bathroom (western or Asian)
Electricity will be available only in the evening between 18.00 and 22.00.
Three Thai meals a day are provided and cooked by a local lady.